Church of the St. Nicolas (Logoisk)

Address: Logoisk
View on Map
Get Directions

Church of the St. Nicolas was built in 1866. Unlike the old church of the same name which was placed in the low place outside Logoysk, the new temple was built directly in the settlement on the hill. A remarkable event in the life of St. Nicholas Church occurred in 1907. In this year ancient icon of Mother of God was returned to the temple. On September 8 in 1907, a procession of many thousands took place, and the icon was solemnly transferred from Minsk to Logoisk. Since then it was closed only once when Bolsheviks came to the power. During World War II Germans allowed to hold services in it. From that time until today, the services in this church do not stop.

At the end of the last century St. Nicolas church was painted. This church in Logoysk is the only one in Belarus painted with the themes of the Apocalypse of John the Apostle. From a foot of the temple miracle rill flows, in 2005 it was consecrated by Filaret. It known since ancient times, begins in the lowland of the hill. To the source, rich in mineral substances, people come with various diseases, especially it helps from spiritual ailments, as well as from leg ailments. Stories were told when women who could not have children for a long time after bathing in the spring became pregnant. The temperature in this source is the same in both winter and summer. Even in the Epiphany frosts, those who wish to plunge into this water stand in the queue for 2-3 hours. People come from different cities to sprinkle water from this source. 

Read More


The Grodno Lutheran Church

The Grodno Lutheran church, which presumably was built in 1783, is still performing its function. Lutheran church in Belarus - a rarity, but in terms of architecture, the building is almost indistinguishable from an ordinary Catholic church.

Catholic Church of St. Anthony of Padua

Tourists who love nature, water and tranquility, often visit Postavy. But not everyone knows that there are many places of interest here. In 1898-1904, under the direction of architect Arthur Goibel, a neo-Gothic church of St. Anthony of Padua was built here, which today is the vertical accent of the historical center of Postavy.

Church of All Saints

Such temples are built once in a thousand years. Therefore, the construction of templates based on stereotypes was inadmissible for the creators of the complex.

Comments