The Temple of God's Body (Corpus Christi church)

Address: Nesvizh
View on Map
Get Directions

The grandiose temple was built in 1584-1593. It was used as a church of the Jesuit monastery designed by the Italian architect Giovanni Maria Bernardoni. The temple was the first monument of baroque architecture in Eastern Europe. The prototype of the church is the Roman Temple of Ile Jesu (the Cathedral Church of the Jesuit Order), built in 1568-1584. The three-nave basilica in Nesvizh is decorated with frescoes. The paintings were renewed in the early twentieth century, and the icon "The Last Supper" was restored. In the Church of the Body of God, there are tombstones of the early 17th century, dedicated to the founder of the church, Prince Radziwill Sirotka and his children. In the crypt of the shrine, the family tomb of the Radziwills is located — it is the only necropolis of the historical family in Eastern Europe. It contains 72 burial places, some of them in the form of mummies - the latter is dated to 2000. The Radziwill crypt is the third in Europe by the number of dynastic burials (after the Habsburgs and the Bourbons).

Read More


Church of the St. Nicolas (Logoisk)

Church of the St. Nicolas was built in 1866. Unlike the old church of the same name which was placed in the low place outside Logoysk, the new temple was built directly in the settlement on the hill. A remarkable event in the life of St. Nicholas Church occurred in 1907.

Kolozha Church

Sts Boris and Gleb Church (Kolozha Church) is an architectural pearl of ancient Grodno, a unique specimen of Eastern Orthodox architecture in Belarus and entire Eastern Europe.

Catholic Church of St. Anthony of Padua

Tourists who love nature, water and tranquility, often visit Postavy. But not everyone knows that there are many places of interest here. In 1898-1904, under the direction of architect Arthur Goibel, a neo-Gothic church of St. Anthony of Padua was built here, which today is the vertical accent of the historical center of Postavy.

Comments