The Temple of God's Body (Corpus Christi church)

The grandiose temple was built in 1584-1593. It was used as a church of the Jesuit monastery designed by the Italian architect Giovanni Maria Bernardoni. The temple was the first monument of baroque architecture in Eastern Europe. The prototype of the church is the Roman Temple of Ile Jesu (the Cathedral Church of the Jesuit Order), built in 1568-1584. The three-nave basilica in Nesvizh is decorated with frescoes. The paintings were renewed in the early twentieth century, and the icon "The Last Supper" was restored. In the Church of the Body of God, there are tombstones of the early 17th century, dedicated to the founder of the church, Prince Radziwill Sirotka and his children. In the crypt of the shrine, the family tomb of the Radziwills is located — it is the only necropolis of the historical family in Eastern Europe. It contains 72 burial places, some of them in the form of mummies - the latter is dated to 2000. The Radziwill crypt is the third in Europe by the number of dynastic burials (after the Habsburgs and the Bourbons).

Read More


St.-Nikolaus-Kirche (Logojsk)

Zu den wichtigsten Sehenswürdigkeiten von Logojsk gehören die Überreste von Detinez der XI. – XIII. Jahrhunderte und zwei Wallburgen der altertümlichen Periode, sowie einige Erdwerke und Graben, ein Park und die St.-Nikolaus-Kirche, die 1866 gebaut wurde.

Alexandr-Newski-Kirche

Das ist die einzige Kirche, die fast vollständig in seinem ursprünglichen Zustand erhalten geblieben ist.

Gedächtniskirche aller Heiligen

Solche Kirchen werden alle Tausend Jahre nur einmal gebaut. Deshalb halten die Gründer des Komplexes es für unzulässig, den Bau als etwas Klischeehaftes voller Stereotype zu betrachten.

Bemerkungen