Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity in Gerviaty

Address: Gerviaty
View on Map
Get Directions

A magnificent church in the Neo-Gothic style, which can decorate any European capital, was built in the village of Gerviaty in the years 1899-1903 at the expense of Prince Olszewski. The site for the construction of the temple was not the best: the groundwater blurred its foundation. The builders had to turn the flow of the local river Losha. And there was a brick factory on its bank: all the high-quality building materials were manufactured there. As a result, one of the highest temples of Belarus - 64 meters - appeared on the highest place of Gervity. On the spire there is a cross that seems small, but in fact its height is 6 meters! The church amazes with an abundance of Gothic elements, so it is often compared with the Cathedral of the Notre Dame de Paris and the Cologne Cathedral. Since its consecration, the Trinity Church has never been closed. You should have a lot of time to visit this landmark: you need to see 12 apostles who greet guests at the temple; to attend the service and listen to the sounds of the organ; to visit the arboretum, which has more than 2000 exotic plants!

Read More


The Grodno Lutheran Church

The Grodno Lutheran church, which presumably was built in 1783, is still performing its function. Lutheran church in Belarus - a rarity, but in terms of architecture, the building is almost indistinguishable from an ordinary Catholic church.

Church of the St. Nicolas (Logoisk)

Church of the St. Nicolas was built in 1866. Unlike the old church of the same name which was placed in the low place outside Logoysk, the new temple was built directly in the settlement on the hill. A remarkable event in the life of St. Nicholas Church occurred in 1907.

Holy Spirit Cathedral in Minsk

One of the most visible churches in Minsk, with its central location overlooking the Svisloch river in the historic Upper Town, the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit is the most important Russian Orthodox church in the city. Its origins date back to the 17th century when the building served as a Catholic Bernardine monastery.

Comments