Church of Saints Simon and Helena (Red Church)

Address: Minsk, Sovetskaya street
View on Map
Get Directions

Temple asymmetrical in shape, three naves. The interior - stained glass windows, chandeliers made of copper. Among the most revered shrines of the church - copy of the Turin shroud, passed in 2000 year as a gift from the Turin cathedral. Before entering the church a bronze sculpture ofArchangel Michael (1996 year, sculptor I. Golubev), which has long been considered the patron saint of Belarus. The sculpture was installed at the beginning of work in Minsk Roman-Catholic Synod.

Картинки по запросу Красный Костел на площади Независимости

Картинки по запросу Красный Костел на площади Независимости

Картинки по запросу Красный Костел на площади Независимости

Tens of meters to the left of the Archangel at the Red Church is a memorial composition «The Bell of Nagasaki». Center of the composition is a bell - a replica of the bell, ”Angel”, a miracle survivor of the atomic bombing. A copy of the bells - the gift of the Japanese people to the people of Belarus. The memorial composition - a kind of monument to the victims of Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl... Since the discovery (2000 year) every Sunday at 12 o”clock bell sounded in three cities at once, as a reminder of the victims of the atom and the lives of the great gift of God...

Картинки по запросу Красный Костел на площади Независимости

Картинки по запросу Красный Костел на площади Независимости

Картинки по запросу Красный Костел на площади Независимости

Картинки по запросу Красный Костел на площади Независимости

Read More


Holy Spirit Cathedral in Minsk

One of the most visible churches in Minsk, with its central location overlooking the Svisloch river in the historic Upper Town, the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit is the most important Russian Orthodox church in the city. Its origins date back to the 17th century when the building served as a Catholic Bernardine monastery.

Church of the St. Nicolas (Logoisk)

Church of the St. Nicolas was built in 1866. Unlike the old church of the same name which was placed in the low place outside Logoysk, the new temple was built directly in the settlement on the hill. A remarkable event in the life of St. Nicholas Church occurred in 1907.

Church of All Saints

Such temples are built once in a thousand years. Therefore, the construction of templates based on stereotypes was inadmissible for the creators of the complex.

Comments