Catholic Church of St. Anthony of Padua

Address: Vitebsk Region, Postavy
Auf der Karte ansehen
Route machen

Tourists who love nature, water and tranquility, often visit Postavy. But not everyone knows that there are many places of interest here. In 1898-1904, under the direction of architect Arthur Goibel, a neo-Gothic church of St. Anthony of Padua was built here, which today is the vertical accent of the historical center of Postavy. It is built of red brick and has the shape of a cross. The building of the church was badly damaged during the First World War, but then it was rebuilt in the 1920s. After the city joined the BSSR in 1939, the last abbot of the church Boleslav Matseevsky was arrested and died in Stalin's camps. The church was closed, and after World War II there was a warehouse in it, later - a shop of an industrial enterprise. The shrine was returned to Catholics only in 1988. After a long restoration, the church was opened for worship. The main architectural dominant of the church is a four-sided belltower with a faceted spire above the central part of the main facade.

 

Read More


Die Sophienkathedrale in Polozk

Dieses historische Denkmal steht auf der vorläufigen Liste des UNESCO-Weltkulturerbes. Die Kathedrale von Sophie der Allweisheit Gottes mit einer wirklich besonderen und symbolischen Architektur wurde in Polozk auf der rechten Uferseite der Düna im 18. Jahrhundert erbaut.

Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity in Gerviaty

A magnificent church in the Neo-Gothic style, which can decorate any European capital, was built in the village of Gerviaty in the years 1899-1903 at the expense of Prince Olszewski.

Kaloscha-Kirche

Die Kaloscha-Kirche der Heiligen Boris und Gleb ist eine der ältesten und der einzigartigsten belarussischen Kirchen. Ungewöhnlicher Baustil und lange Geschichte machen sie besonders interessant für alle Touristen.

Bemerkungen