Palace of the Rumyantsevs and the Paskeviches in Gomel

Indirizzo: Palace of the Rumyantsevs and the Paskeviches in Gomel
Visualizza la mappa
Ottenere direzioni

In the late 18th century the Belarusian lands were part of the Russian Empire. Empress Catherine the Great gave Gomel to her favorite, General Field Marshal Piotr Rumyantsev-Zadunaisky, for his outstanding victories in the war against Turkey. On the bank of the River Sozh there was a wooden castle, which had earlier belonged to Michal Fryderyk Czartoryski, the Grand Chancellor of Lithuania. Piotr Rumyantsev had the wooded castle demolished and a new one built.

Read More


Museum-Estate of Ilya Repin "Zdravnevo"

The Zdravnevo estate is located near the village of Koitovo, on the left bank of the Western Dvina. In 1892 it was acquired by the famous Russian painter Ilya Repin.

Lida Castle

Medieval Lida castle, a fine archeological monument that is officially protected by the state, lies 112km north-east of Grodno in the Grodno region of Belarus.

Niemcewicz Estate In Skoki Village

The magnificent Baroque-style estate was built in the 1770s to the order of Marceli Niemcewicz, a representative of the old family. The estate was inherited by his son Julian Niemcewicz, a writer, historian, and public figure, who served as an aide-de-camp to Tadeusz Kosciuszko and participated in the drafting of the first European constitution.

Commenti