Aleksander Nevsky Church

Address: Minsk, Kozlova street, 11
View on Map
Get Directions

This church, sanctified in 1898, was built on the territory of the Military Cemetery as a memorial for the heroes of Russo-Turkish War of 1877-1878. The church is built in the tradition of Russian baroque church XVII - XVIII centuries (retrospective Russian style). This is the only Orthodox church that has never been rebuilt in Minsk and the last Orthodox church that was closed before World War II (1938). Inside the church, there is a small mobile church that Russian troops used when they fought in Bulgaria. Some icons in the church have relics of Alexander Nevsky, Saint Euphrosyne of Polack as well as Sofia of the Sluck and Jan Karmianski. The graves of Belarusian famous poets Janka Kupala and Jakub Kolas are situated nearby.

Картинки по запросу Церковь Святого Благоверного князя Александра Невского (Минск)

Картинки по запросу Церковь Святого Благоверного князя Александра Невского (Минск)

Картинки по запросу Церковь Святого Благоверного князя Александра Невского (Минск)

Read More


The Grodno Lutheran Church

The Grodno Lutheran church, which presumably was built in 1783, is still performing its function. Lutheran church in Belarus - a rarity, but in terms of architecture, the building is almost indistinguishable from an ordinary Catholic church.

Holy Martyr Grand Princess Elizabeth Convent

Named after the Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna of Russia (1864-1918), a granddaughter of Queen Victoria who was arrested and thrown down a mineshaft by the Bolsheviks soon after the October Revolution.

Catholic Church of St. Anthony of Padua

Tourists who love nature, water and tranquility, often visit Postavy. But not everyone knows that there are many places of interest here. In 1898-1904, under the direction of architect Arthur Goibel, a neo-Gothic church of St. Anthony of Padua was built here, which today is the vertical accent of the historical center of Postavy.

Comments